Now that I have a deeper understanding of the different learning theories and style, I feel that my view on how I learn has not changed too much. I still tend to learn and think in the same way I did before. I think what has changed is I categorize or define my learning. I think that I have learned enough over the past few weeks to say it is not just a mixture of behaviorism, cognitivism, and constructivism. I think at this point I can rule out behaviorism. Not to say that behaviorism is dead with me, it is just not relevant with the subject matter and tasks that I am asked to perform. They require a higher level of thinking and deeper understanding of me, others, and my environment. Most of the fields I have chosen so far require a large amount of thinking and problem-solving, I don’t see cognitivism leaving anytime soon. I’m still a concrete fact-based person in most aspects so I’m still trying to wrap my head around some of the concepts of constructivism. I understand them and know that they fit somewhere into how I learn, but they are still a little foreign to me.
After learning about social learning, connectivism, and adult learning theories, I fee that I would have to add to my learning repertoire. With new innovations in technology and my chosen fields of study, it makes since to come up with new learning theories that can apply to technology.
Technology plays an important role in my learning. Being in an on-line class, it is necessary that I utilize as many aspects of technology as I can. So far the most helpful in my journey have been wikis, blogs, and the articles from the Walden Library. I have been able to access a lot of information that has been both beneficial in my class studies as well as in my personal learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment